Broken Picturephone is an online version of the popular tabletop game Telestrations developed by Chaz. The platform has been used in multiple episodes of Stephen & Friends. From Episode #12 onwards, each episode includes a Discord tab that allows viewers to see who is talking at any one time.
The game follows the same basic rules as the tabletop version, with open-ended gameplay and no set perimeters to determine a "winner". A game usually opens with a player receiving either a written prompt or a player's drawing. The player then responds with the opposite action, i.e creating a drawing for a sentence or writing a sentence based on a drawing.
Broken Picturephone differs from Telestrations in that there is no set time limit. There are also no suggested categories or prompts, so users are encouraged to start with outlandish or surreal statements or scenarios instead.
As with most Stephen & Friends content, episodes of Broken Picturephone are uncensored, however, there is still a standing rule against graphic imagery such as genitals, although that has been ignored in a few episodes (usually by Alex).
- Stephen & Friends: Broken Picturephone #1
- Stephen & Friends: Broken Picturephone #2
- Stephen & Friends: Broken Picturephone #3
- Broken Picturephone #4 (Nintendo Edition) - Stephen & Friends
- Broken Picturephone #5 - "Spocktopus" (Stephen & Friends)
- Broken Picturephone #6 - "I'M UR TEEF, KAREN" (Stephen & Friends)
- Broken Picturephone #7 - "HALLOWEEN SPECIAL!" (Stephen & Friends)
- CHRISTMAS SPECIAL! • Broken Picturephone #8
- I CAN SHOE U THE WURL [Broken Picturephone #9 • Stephen & Friends]
- Broken Picturephone #10 • SAD CLOWN FOR DINNER
- Broken Picturephone #11 • TOYS R US
- Broken Picturephone #12 • WHO CHILD?
- "Harry Potter and his Big Friend" • BPP #13 | Stephen + Friends
- "Continuing Old Books!" • BPP #14 | Stephen + Friends
- SCABBY FLESH BLOB | Broken Picturephone #15 - Stephen + Friends
The following table lists who appeared in each episode of Broken Picturephone: