- Stephen and Mal's apartment
Stephen and Mal record Chulip today. Incredible frustration ensues.
As a reward for a hard day of work, Mal decides to make shepherd's pie using her own recipe.
- Mal's recipe for Shepherd's Pie:
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 TBS butter
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 TBS vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground lamb (lean hamburger would work fine too)
- 2 TBS flour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 TBS ketchup
- 1/4 c. Worcestershire
- packet of brown gravy
- 1 c. water
- a bag of frozen peas and carrots
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes to the water, and cook until tender but still firm (around 15 mins). Drain and mash the potatoes. Then, mix in 1 TBS butter, 1/4 C. Sour Cream, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Heat 1 TBS vegetable oil in a pan. Add onion and garlic, and cook until onion is clear. Then, add in the meat and cook until well browned. Pour off fat.
- After that, stir in 2 TBS flour and cook it for 1 min. Add in 1 TBS ketchup, 1/4 c. Worcestershire, packet of brown gravy and 1 c. water. Then, add in frozen vegetables. Let it simmer and thicken.
- Pour the vegetable/meat mix into a casserole dish. Top it with mashed potatoes and put a few thin slices of butter on top.
- Cook at 375ºF for 20 mins.