Mal was inspired to paint Tropical Freeze, because she found the game fun and very innovative. She particularly liked the loading screens, which had beautiful color choices that fit each world in the game. She mentioned that she might paint more of the loading screens if her audience was interested in seeing more.
- Canvas: 18x24 Gessoed in white
- Favorite Brushes: Blick Studio, Liquitex Basic, and Simply Simmons
- Golden Heavy Body Acrylic in: Cyan, Ultramarine Blue, Carbon Black, Titanium White, Yellow, Cadmium Red Medium
- Other: Golden High Flow in Carbon Black
- Specialty Items: Chalk pastel pencil, Molotov Empty Paint Marker (with Golden High Flow in Carbon Black)
- Posters and prints of this painting can be purchased here.
- Mallory has also painted other paintings for the Donkey Kong Country Series, which are:
- “Sunset Shore", which is inspired by Donkey Kong Country Returns;
- "Tree Town" which is based on Donkey Kong Country;
- "Red Hot Ride" which is based on Donkey Kong Country 2;
- and other silhouette style paintings based on Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, which are "Autumn Summits", "Bright Savannah", "Sea Breeze Cove", "Juicy Jungle", and "Frozen Tropics".