"Grapefruit Falls" is the 59th video game painting by Mal on MalMakes. It features Grapefruit Falls, the entrance into Belch's base in Earthbound. This is the first painting she has done in Bob Ross' style and using Bob Ross brand brushes.
This painting is inspired by Earthbound, which has played a significant role in Mal's and Stephen's lives. Stephen has done a Let's Play of the game, and they've also played it for Extra Life 2012 and 2013.
- Canvas: 18x24 Gessoed in white
- Favorite Brushes: Blick Studio, Liquitex Basic, and Simply Simmons
- Golden Heavy Body Acrylic in: Yellow Ochre, Cadmium Yellow Hue, Pthalo Green (Yellow Shade), Pthalo Blue (Green Shade), Zinc White, Van Dyke Brown Hue, Sap Green, Alizarin Crimson Hue, Burnt Sienna, Titanium White, Carbon Black, (optional) Introductory Color Set
- Specialty Items: Golden gloss medium, Black Gesso, Bob Ross 2" brush, Bob Ross foliage brush, Bob Ross fan brush, palette knife, palette, chalk pastel pencil, T-square, Molotow marker, fine mist spray bottle
- Posters and prints of this painting can be purchased here.
- Mal has also done other paintings inspired by Earthbound, which are "Ness's Dream", "Edisnoom", "Onett Jazz", "Summers", and "Earthbound Battle".
- This painting travelled to Georgia with Stephen and Mal when they evacuated because of Hurricane Florence.