- Stephen and Mal's apartment
Mallory decides to make some special french bread pizza, which is basically garlic bread with pizza sauce and toppings. It also features Mal's homemade tomato sauce. It's good, as usual.
- Tomato Sauce recipe:
- 28oz diced tomatoes, not packed in puree or sauce
- 2 medium cloves garlic, peeled and chopped coarse
- 1/2 of a green pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp water
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 tsps dried italian seasoning (basil/oregano)
- ¼ tsp granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp table salt
- Sauté oil, water, garlic, green pepper, red pepper flakes till the garlic is golden - about 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes; simmer until thickened slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in basil, sugar, and salt, and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- For a smoother sauce - puree in a blender or with a stick blender.