Stephen and Mallory ride the subway to the Fushimi Inari Shrine early in the morning, meeting Lindsey at the station. They hike up through thousands of orange torii gates. Lindsey and Mal decide to stop and start heading down since Mal is tired and Lindsey has altitude sickness. Stephen offers to head all the way to the top and Mal tells him to make sure to film it. At the top, there are many small stone shrines and small torii gates. He finds Mal and Lindsey location back at the bottom using the Find My Friends app. They then open fortunes inside small fox figurines. The three try steamed pork buns from a stand, and Mal has a red bean paste mochi with a strawberry on top. They eat lunch at a gyoza restaurant.
Stephen, Mal, and Lindsey head to the nearby Gion Shrine (also known as Yasaka shrine) to see a weeping cherry blossom tree in Maruyama Park. Lindsey goes back to her hotel due to not feeling well after eating some yakisoba noodles, while Stephen and Mal walk to Kiyomizu-dera Temple and step onto the stage (partially because Mal wanted to visit the same place featured in some Detective Conan episodes). Stephen said that he felt slightly concerned standing on the stage because the stage was slopped downwards towards the edge and the railing is old, and the stage is under active construction.
On their way back to the hotel, they stop at a small Ukiyoe (woodblock print) Museum, run by woodblock print artist Ichimura Mamoru. Mal buys a small print, but regrets not purchasing a larger cat print, so they return to the museum to buy it. Since they need a way to transport it safely home, they purchase a cardboard tube and paper from Gwansendo, an art supply store.
For dinner, they eat at a ramen restaurant, they then return to the hotel. They do Breakfast Stream and try a cinnamon bun from the store. Stephen says that the hotel provided them with some pajamas. As Mal says the outro, Stephen says that he is supposed to say that. Mal then proceeds to stuff the rest of the cinnamon bun into Stephen's mouth.
- A torii is a traditional Japanese gate most commonly found at the entrance of or within a Shinto shrine, where it symbolically marks the transition from the mundane to the sacred.
- Stephen films a stray cat at the Fushimi Inari Shrine which kind of looks like Kepler (white with large black spots)
- Altitude sickness, the mildest form being acute mountain sickness (AMS), is the negative health effect of high altitude, caused by rapid exposure to low amounts of oxygen at high elevation.
- The Detective Conan episodes called the "The Scarlet School Trip" (Episodes 927-928) were the episodes Mal was referring to that were based on Kiyomizu-dera Temple
- The large cat print Mal bought has a cat on it that resembles Kepler